Trying to reduce your carbon footprint by composting? The Lomi Kitchen Composter might just be the solution for you! It takes organic food waste from your kitchen and turns them into usable soil for your indoor plants, patio garden, or full-sized garden. This small composter fits on your countertop, so it’s great for apartments and small living spaces. In this review, I’ll tell you what the Lomi Kitchen Composter is and how the composting process works. It’s like having your own personal robot right there in the kitchen! You can purchase your own Lomi Composter here!
We used to have a backyard compost pile and while it was an amazing resource, it took years to get usable soil for our garden beds and indoor plants. We had to get into a good rhythm to have enough year after year. The Lomi lets us get small bits quickly to use in our smaller beds and plants. That’s the main thing I love about Lomi, how quickly it turns everyday food waste into usable material.
What is Lomi Kitchen Composter?
Lomi kitchen composters are a new way to compost your food scraps. Lomi lets you easily turn the waste from your kitchen into nutrient-rich soil for your garden or potted plants. You just put the waste in, and it’ll be ready for use within 4 hours!
Lomi is easy to use, affordable and fairly portable. They weigh about 22 pounds, so it is possible to move them if needed. The Lomi machine is 16″ by 14″ by 12″ – about the size of a bread maker or small toaster oven. They also look great! The first thing that struck me was how attractive they were, something I didn’t expect at all when I first heard about them.
How do you use Lomi compost?
Lomi is a composting system that can be used in the kitchen. It’s simple to use and requires very little maintenance. You get compost with just the push of a button. It also fits a surprising amount of food scraps inside the basin.
To get started, simply place the Lomi in your kitchen and do your part by adding scraps from the table or sink to the top of it. The Lomi will convert organic matter into compost over time, which can be used as fertilizer for plants or soil. When it’s full and ready to process, just empty out its contents into a traditional composter or bin made specifically for this purpose.
How long does it take? That depends on how much waste you produce and how often you empty out your Lomi. If you are running a small family of about 2 people, it will take longer to fill than if you use it with your family of 6. Regardless of when you fill it, the Lomi composts the material inside in roughly 4 hours. Some people run their cute little composter every evening at the end of the day, depending on how much waste they add.
Does Lomi actually make compost?
Yes, it does! Lomi makes composting easier because you don’t have to rely on animal and vegetable matter in your backyard (or elsewhere) to create the right environment for decomposition. Instead, you can use just about any leftover food product as an ingredient in making Lomi compost. Then all you need to do is keep adding more ingredients over time until it’s full enough to fun the composter. Within several hours, the home composting will be complete and you will have a small compost bucket of material to add to your plant life.
What can go into a Lomi?
- Orange peels, apple cores, soft bones, coffee grounds, tofu, vegetables, tea bags, and fruits are all great items to put in your Lomi. Their website even says you can compost your Pela phone case, one of the world’s compostable phone cases! The Lomi can also take compostable plastics. Learn more about compostable plastics here.
- Keep an eye out for plastic packaging that may be hidden inside the items you collect. If you see a piece of plastic, remove it before putting the item into the Lomi.
- Don’t put meat, fish, hard bones, avocado pits, or oils into the Lomi because they can attract pests like fruit flies.
What is Lomi Kitchen Composter?
Simply put, Lomi is a simple way to turn stinky, organic waste into usable dirt in just a few hours. It uses fragmented waste to create more surface area for microbes to accelerate the composting process. Since the scraps are made into smaller pieces, the entire process takes significantly less time than traditional composting.
Lomi is an easy way to compost at home. Composting can be a messy and smelly process, but Lomi makes it easy for anyone to do it in the comfort of their own home. The best part about this product is that it does not require any maintenance or special tools! All you have to do is open up your Lomi composter when you have scraps to discard of and run it as it works for your schedule. It’s that easy.
How does Lomi from Pela work?
- Lomi is a small, hand-powered composter that uses the natural process of decomposition to eat up food scraps and turn them into nutrient-rich compost.
- The top chamber contains your food waste—anything from coffee grounds to banana peels can be thrown in there. To start the process, simply press the button on the front. The machine works sort of like a dehydrator in that it dries the contents and grinds them up.
- When you’re ready for some usable compost, simply pull out one half of Lomi; then tilt it over until all of its contents fall into another container (like a bucket or bin). You can then add this fresh compost directly onto soil as fertilizer or mulch—no mixing required!
Lomi Kitchen Composter Overview-pros and cons
Lomi is an easy-to-use, effective compost bin. It will be especially good for people who have a small apartment or garden. The Lomi is made of steel, so it won’t break easily and won’t smell like plastic bins do. If you’re looking for a good compost bin that’s easy to use and isn’t too expensive, this might be the right option for you!
Here are some pros:
- Very easy to use – just open the lid and put your food scraps in!
- Lower cost – the Lomi bin is $49 as a deposit and then you pay an additional $450 when it ships.
- Comes with a 3 year extended warranty
- Runs quietly
- Fairly small and doesn’t take up much space
Here are some cons:
- Heavy – these bins weigh about 22 pounds each, so they’re not extremely portable.
- There is an option to purchase new LomiPods+Filters for $39 every 3 months on a 2-year membership. While this isn’t horrible, I just wasn’t a fan of more costs.
Lomi Kitchen Composter Review
The Lomi Composter is an amazing device! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use and overall really love the little machine. Here are a few reviews from their site that give you a little more detail on the product:
“We love our Lomi! It is a remarkable and elegant tool for waste reduction. Easy to operate with a relatively small footprint and very thorough, it is eliminating large amounts of bad-smelling organic waste that used to live on insidiously in plastic garbage bags. I intend to convince my family circle, young and old, to jump on the Lomi train and embrace this ingenious way to move forward earth-friendly.”
“This is the coolest thing ever. Literally ever. It’s my new best friend and my girlfriend is jealous. Have been putting the compost into my garden and houseplants and am super excited for the results. It even breaks down eggshells which is super hard to do in traditional compost. I hope Lomi takes over the world.”
The main benefit of the Lomi Composter is that there is no mess or odor! Another amazing thing about the Lomi is that there is no need for an outdoor space for a compost pile. Since the compost is indoors, you won’t be attracting outside critters into your yard.
Lomi is an easy-to-use electric kitchen composter, which makes turning your food scraps into compost a breeze. Heating your food scraps in the Lomi unit will help speed up the natural decomposition process and turn them into nutrient-rich compost within hours. Lomi is a sustainable and eco-friendly solution for food waste that offers all the benefits of regular composting but without any effort from the user – simply put out your food waste once per day, place it in the chamber and let the heat technology do its thing!
Best Electric Composter 2022
Lomi is one of the world’s electric composters perfect for your kitchen counter. It’s the Best Electric Composter of 2022 and doesn’t seem to be backing down any time soon. If you are looking for a home composter that the whole family can use together, this is the machine for you. You can purchase your own Lomi Composter here!
Check out this Demo Video of the Lomi in action!
For more product reviews, check out Vitamix FoodCycler Review – A Simple Indoor Composter? or How To Compost In A Bin – And What Is Black Gold?
I’m so glad you’re here!Let’s Be Friends!
Get your FREE healthy lifestyle checklist. Make healthy living a habit!