Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.
~ beautiful Poinsettia ~
Did you know the answers? Well, as promised here are the answers to the seven questions. For ease I have repeated the questions …
1. What is the birth flower for December?
2. What is the birthstone for December?
3. Where does Father Christmas (Santa) live throughout the year?
4. How many reindeer does Santa (Father Christmas) have?9
Their names are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Read more about the history of Santa’s sleigh and reindeer here
5. Which number month of the year was December originally in the Roman calendar?
6. Which country gave the world the tradition of the poinsettia as a Christmas flower?
7. In what year was Bing Crosby’s recording of Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas” released?
How did you do? Before I researched the answers, I knew five 😊
… and now on to a tasty recipe suggestion, which you may wish to try.
Quick Minestrone Soup
This recipe suggestion is for a quick and healthy minestrone soup
which uses white beans rather than pasta for extra protein and flavour
more details/recipe can be seen here
~ wishing you a happy month of December ~
A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.
All the best Jan