Don’t lose this recipe, click here to pin this recipe to one of your boards.
Why I love this recipe
Green Goddess salad went absolutely viral on TikTok by the amazing ‘Baked by Melissa’. It combines a variety of chopped green/white veggies with a pesto inspired creamy dressing. This Spring version combines mandarin oranges with spring salad mix, cashews and avocado for a fun twist on a classic green goddess salad. Add grilled chicken to make it a complete meal!
The Homemade Green Goddess Dressing recipe tastes fresh and unique! It works well on any greens but especially well on the Spring Salad here. It’s also delicious drizzled over freshly grilled vegetables or in a buddha bowl. Since it’s so versatile, you can make a big batch at the beginning on the week and serve it in different ways each weekday.
RELATED: Vegan Spring Minestrone Soup
What you’ll need to make this Spring Salad recipe
What you’ll need for the Spring Salad
- spring salad mix (also known as “Mesclun”)
- mandarin oranges,
- cashews, and
What is Green Goddess Dressing made of?
Green goddess dressing is a creamy salad dressing (or dip). To make my version you’ll need:
- plain greek yogurt,
- olive oil,
- apple cider vinegar,
- lemon juice,
- fresh basil,
- fresh parsley, and
- green onion.
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make the Spring Salad
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a medium to large mixing bowl and toss gently.
And here’s how to make the dressing
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed food processor.
- Process on high for about 45-60 seconds until there are no lumps. (Purée setting)
- Serve over salad.
Make this Spring Salad with Homemade Green Goddess Dressing, then check out my Montreal Steak Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Honey Mustard Dressing, Roasted Asparagus Caesar Salad, and Classic Waldorf Salad and more of my healthy salad dressing recipes.
- To thin out the dressing add water 1/2 tbsp at a time and blend until desired consistency.
- Almonds are a great alternative to cashews and cracked black pepper tastes great sprinkled on the salad after adding the dressing.
- Additional optional toppings that will pair well: cherry tomatoes, red onion, blue corn tortilla strips
How to store
Store leftover dressing in an airtight container (such as a mason jar) and refrigerate for up to 4 days.