Don’t lose this recipe, click here to pin this recipe to one of your boards.
Why I love this summer salad
I love this salad because this is a light summer salad that is full of summer flavours that makes for a great lunch or a barbecue side dish. It’s also vegetarian and gluten free. It’s a very clean and light salad that has no guilt, but all the flavour with a delicious white balsamic vinaigrette dressing that ties it all together!
These are what you need to make the White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- White balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil – light flavor
- Garlic cloves
And here’s what you’ll need for the Strawberry, Feta and Mint salad
These are the ingredients I used, but feel free to experiment with the ingredients in the salad.
- Spring salad mix
- Sage leaves
- 5-6 mint leaves, julienned
- Fresh strawberries
- Red onion
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped walnuts
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make this Salad with Strawberries, Feta and Mint
Making this salad is super easy – there’s no cooking involved! Just mix the dressing ingredients, mix the salad ingredients, then pour the dressing onto the salad and enjoy!
Here’s how make the white balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1. Make the vinaigrette by adding the vinaigrette ingredients into a blender.
2. Mix for 30-45 seconds until fully emulsified.
Here’s how to make the salad
1. Assemble the salad by adding the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad.
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Read on for tips and substitution ideas on how to make this recipe, and how to avoid making it a disaster.
What is the difference between balsamic vinegar and white balsamic?
While the traditional balsamic vinegar is cooked and concentrated on producing a rich flavor with a deep and dark color, the white balsamic vinegar is cooked at high pressure to prevent caramelization, giving it a golden color and a gentler flavour.
- This salad can be made vegan by removing the feta and honey.
- For the vinaigrette, you can either use red wine vinegar or rose balsamic vinegar instead of the white balsamic vinegar.
How to store the leftover salad dressing
This recipe makes a little over 1 cup of dressing. If you have leftovers, the dressing stores well in the refrigerator for 1 week in a mason jar with the lid tightly on it.