This Curried Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is completely dairy-free. Made with vegetables and spices for a delicious, flavorful soup! Gluten-free and vegan.
If your comfort food meter is trending high, look no further. Comfort food doesn’t have to be bad for you. It can be healthy and delicious.
Chocked full of veggies, this warming curried vegetarian soup is one to add to the rotation.
Curried Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup Ingredients
This recipe is all about vegetable prep. Once your veggies are chopped, diced, or sliced, the rest is really quite easy. Here are the major ingredients you’ll need:
- Minced garlic
- Arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut milk
- Nutritional yeast
- Curry powder, red chili flakes, cumin, coriander
- Lime juice
How to Make Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
- Soften onions and carrots in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Add garlic, spices, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- Pour in vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend part of the soup with an immersion blender or regular blender.
What to Serve with Curried Cauliflower Soup
This soup can act as the main event or as a compliment to the meal. Due to its vegetable content, it’s hearty and filling. Here are some ideas for serving:
- Pair with flatbread
- Serve with salad
- Stir in sour cream or yogurt (dairy-free if needed)
- Top with red chili flakes
Want more soup inspiration? Check out this healthy taco soup or the links below!
More Gluten-Free Soups & Stews
Curried Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
This Curried Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup with coconut milk is completely dairy-free. Made with vegetables and spices for a delicious, flavorful soup! Gluten-free and vegan.
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and carrots. Heat until onions and carrots have softened, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic and let cook for about 1 minute. Stir in arrowroot starch until dissolved. Add curry powder, red chili flakes, cumin, coriander, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper. Add cauliflower, broccoli, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
Cover and allow soup to simmer for about 15 minutes until soup slightly thickens and cauliflower and broccoli become tender. Add lime juice juice and stir.
Once vegetables are tender, use an immersion blender to puree part of the soup. This will add creaminess while still leaving whole vegetables.
Alternatively, you can carefully transfer 1-2 cups of soup to a blender to puree and return to saucepan. Only fill your blender halfway as hot liquids can easily splatter.
Serve curried cauliflower and broccoli soup warm. Top with sour cream or yogurt if desired (dairy-free if needed).
- To Store: Soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- To Freeze: Store in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow soup to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- To Reheat: To rewarm, place soup in a Dutch oven or saucepan and heat on medium-low, stirring occasionally until warmed all the way through. You can also reheat leftovers in the microwave in a microwave-safe container.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Sodium: 1281mg | Potassium: 1180mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5984IU | Vitamin C: 147mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 4mg