As we welcome December, the twelfth and last month of the year, it’s time for the first of the month quiz. I’m only asking seven questions; I hope you may have a go at answering them.
1. What is the birth flower for December?
Daffodil Water-lily Carnation Holly
2. What is the birthstone for December?
Sapphire Turquoise Ruby Diamond
3. Where does Father Christmas live throughout the year?
Lapland England Russia Antarctica
4. How many reindeer does Santa have?
8 9 10 11
5. Which number month of the year was December originally in the Roman calendar?
9 10 11 12
6. Which country gave the world the tradition of the poinsettia as a Christmas flower?
United Kingdom United States France Mexico
7. In what year was Bing Crosby’s recording of Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas” released?
1938 1942 1946 1950
How did you do? Do write down your answers at home and come back tomorrow when the answers will be revealed. 😊
~ and now for a delicious recipe suggestion ~
this is a colourful lunch or dinner starter
it’s light and bright, and made with gorgeous smoked salmon, avocado and clementines
you can see more details/recipe here
This blog is presented in a magazine style – we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes! However, not all the recipes featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic
and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.
All the best Jan