Last month we asked how many calories a 150-pound (68 kg) person burns by raking leaves for an hour.
Congratulations to Susan Schiller, a T1-pumper in Israel, for coming closest to the correct answer (she estimated 224 calories).
ANSWER:Of course, this can vary based on the speed/intensity of the raking, but my official sources tell me that an hour of raking should burn 222 calories.
Think you’re good at estimating carbs? Give me your best estimate (in grams) for this Thanksgiving meal:
- 6 oz white-meat turkey, skin on
- ¼ cup turkey gravy
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing
- ½” slide of canned cranberry sauce
- 3 oz sweet potato with a dab of melted marshmallow
- 1 cup green beans with almonds
- 4 oz dry red wine
- 1 slice of pumpkin pie (1/8 of 9” pie)
Once you’ve digested all that, submit your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The first person with the correct answer wins complimentary tuition to the Type-1 University course of their choice!