This is one of my all time favorite end of summer salads. The combination of sweet figs, bitter arugula and luscious tomatoes tantalize your tastebuds. It’s super healthy and easy to make.
Why I Love This Salad
First, I love this Fig Arugula Tomato Salad because it’s so beautiful and easy to make.
The flavor of sweet figs and bitter peppery arugula compliment one another perfectly. Sun ripened tomatoes add juiciness.
Everything is tossed together with a balsamic vinaigrette, topped with pumpkin seeds and fresh thyme.
Sometimes I’ll top it with goat cheese or raw blue cheese.
It’s an easy elegant salad to serve at a dinner party.
This salad is super nutritious.
Figs are a lusciously sweet fruit with a complex texture that combines the chewiness of their flesh, the smoothness of their skin, and the crunchiness of their seeds.
They are a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps control blood pressure.
Figs are a good source of dietary fiber. Fiber and fiber-rich foods have a positive effect on keeping our system clean.
A half-cup of fresh figs provides as much calcium as one-half cup of milk.
The magnesium in figs helps with more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body.
This Fig Arugula Tomato Salad will make you happy too! Magnesium plays a large role in the development of serotonin, which is a major contributor to feelings of happiness.
Fig Arugula Tomato Salad Ingredients
- Fresh Figs – available in late summer. Look for ones perfectly ripe, not too soft, not too firm.
- Arugula – the bitter leaves aid digestion, help nutrient absorption and even help reduce sugar cravings. But if you don’t like the peppery taste use baby spinach.
- Pumpkin Seeds – I like sprouted organic pumpkin seeds, they’re easy to digest. They are a good source of zinc to support your adrenals. Read more about pumpkin seeds here.
- Easy Balsamic Dressing – made with balsamic vinegar, sea salt and a good tasting olive oil.
It makes a pretty presentation at a dinner party and is simple enough to enjoy anytime, just for you.
This Fig Arugula Tomato salad is super healthy, well balanced and incredibly satisfying. It’s a great way to savor the end of a beautifully sweet summer.
You may also enjoy these other salad recipes:
Baby Kale Salad with Creamy Asian Dressing
If you like this recipe please click on the stars below and give it a rating. It helps me get more notice from Google.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
In this simple salad, the sweet figs and bitter arugula create a delicious balance. The juice ripe seasonal tomatoes make it divine.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces arugula
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 4–6 fresh figs stems removed, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons sprouted organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce raw blue cheese or goat cheese (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar and salt. Whisk in the oil
- Toss half the dressing with the arugula.
- Put on 2 plates.
- Spread tomato and figs over the arugula
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, thyme and cheese (if using),
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing and finish with fresh pepper.
Nutrition information is with 6 figs and no cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole30
Keywords: arugula salad, fig arugula salad, fresh fig salad, arugula and fig salad