Welcome to the AK DINNER PARTY, a fun month-long series where we inspire you to cook a recipe with us! Whenever we ask the AK Community what they want to see more of, dinner recipes are typically the most popular answer. What better way to get back in the kitchen and cook a nourishing, delicious dinner than to do it alongside the AK team and hundreds of other foodies?!
IMPORTANT: please scroll down and read below for all of the deets on this month’s recipe, key dates for the month, how to enter the giveaway, and our charity of the month!
If you haven’t yet, enter your name & email below to get Dinner Party updates throughout the month and to be the first in line to see next month’s recipe.
September’s Dinner Party recipe
We’re SO excited to share the next recipe of our AK Dinner Party series: One Pan Thai-Inspired Coconut Yellow Curry Chicken & Rice! It’s the perfect flavorful, cozy one pan meal to get you ready for fall.
We have many different ways that you can customize this yellow chicken curry to truly make it your own. Check them out below and, of course, read through the recipe blog post itself for all of the tips you’ll need.
- Use your fav veggies. Snap peas, broccoli, sweet peas, asparagus, and orange or yellow bell pepper would all be delicious.
- Swap your grain. I think quinoa would also be delicious in this recipe (you can use 3/4 cup), and readers have made it with cauliflower rice as well! Again, I would not recommend using brown rice as it will take too long to cook.
- Spice it up. Feel free to add about 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you want this dish a little spicy.
- Add a little sweetness. Feel free to garnish with raisins or chopped dates for little bites of sweetness!
Can I make it vegetarian?
Sure! Simply swap the chicken for 1 package of cubed, firm tofu or 1 can of chickpeas. You’ll sauté the tofu or chickpeas the same way you do with the chicken, and then add them back to the skillet with the rice and veggies as written.
Here’s how the Dinner Party works
- The recipe: On the first Wednesday of each month we’ll share a reader favorite Ambitious Kitchen dinner recipe to make that month. You have the entire month to make the recipe!
- The giveaway: When you make the dinner recipe (anytime during the month!) you have two different ways to enter to win an Our Place Always Pan in the color of your choosing. We’ll randomly select a winner at the end of the month. See below for the two ways to share! USA & Canada only.
Two ways to enter the giveaway
When you make the recipe, there are two different ways to share your creation with us in order to enter to win the Our Place Always Pan (U.S. & Canada only):
1. On the blog: leave a comment and rate the recipe here with the hashtag #AKDinnerParty, plus your name and email (so we know you made it!) Scroll all the way past the recipe itself in the blog to where it says “Leave a comment & a rating.” Boom!
2. On social media: Share a photo of your recipe creation on social via Instagram (stories or in-feed), TikTok, or in our Facebook Group by tagging @ambitiouskitchen and adding the hashtag #AKDinnerParty. *Please note for Instagram your profile must be public so that we can see your posts.
- Wednesday, September 7th: September’s recipe is here! On this date, you can start cooking & sharing your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Friday, September 30th: the last day to submit your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Saturday, October 1st: giveaway winner selected, notified via email, and shared on social.
- Wednesday, October 5th: October’s Dinner Party recipe announced!
Let’s give back
Each month we’ll pick a new charity where we’ll donate funds as a way to spread the love and do some good. This month’s charity is Adopt a Classroom, and our donation will help a teacher purchase supplies and anything else they need to fill their classrooms! Our Dinner Party giveaway winner will be able to choose and teacher and classroom for us to donate to.
If you’d like to join us in supporting students and a teacher from Adopt a Classroom, learn more and donate here!
Join the party
Ready to join the party and get cooking? If you haven’t yet, enter your email below and we’ll send you the recipe as soon as it drops at the beginning of each month, reminders about the giveaway, announce the winners, and more. Let’s do this!